Life is challenging and can be stressful at times. That’s what makes it interesting. Being stress free is impossible, but I can help you learn how to reduce your stress in everyday life in minutes.
These are a few simple tips that everyone already knows. How often they are followed, however is a different story. Believe it or not, these little things could make significant difference to your happiness.
1) Remember to get your 8 hrs beauty sleep – you will be more alert, refreshed and positive if your brain has enough rest. If you require anything more than that, I suggest you should seek professional help as you may suffer from EDS (Excessive Daytime Sleepiness), sleep apnea or narcolepsy.
2) Give someone a compliment with a smile – It’s the quickest way to fulfill your emotional need when you empower someone else by making others feel great.
3) Take a Zumba or Yoga class – It took me a very long time to understand the benefits of regular exercising. Apart from getting rid of the toxics in our bodies through the sweats, it’s great fun to socialize with energetic people as well.
4) End the day well with a glass of bubble or a piece of chocolate – Do I really need to tell you how great it feels to pamper yourself?
5) Pay attention to something beautiful – You will be surprised at the results that come with it. You may start to appreciate the architect of a building, the freshness of chill winter air or the office artwork etc. Understanding how to appreciate beauty is an art.
6) Talk out your troubles – Sometimes you simply solve your problems by saying them out loud, something you have just got to get it off your chest.
7) Focus on things that you can control – Believe it or not, we often fall into the trap of overthinking. You can’t wind the clock back so don’t get distracted by what happened in the past because you are in complete control of the present and future.
8) Breathe deeply and do it regularly –Deep breathing releases tension, relaxes mind and brings clarity. Not inhaling enough oxygen or exhaling enough carbon dioxide could cause fatigue, mental fog and decreased tissue functions. BTW ladies, deep breathing also facilitates weight loss.
9) Plan a girls/blokes night out – Socialisation increases a hormone that decreases anxiety levels and makes us feel more confident in our ability to cope with all our problems. In addition, spending time with others directs our energy outward and its fantastic to feel loved, included and cared for.
10) Look for opportunities & challenges in life – There are always two sides of a coin. For instance, Internet has wiped out some traditional brick and mortar businesses but it also offers incredible opportunities to lots of young entrepreneurs.
11) Go for a walk with friends or family – Feeling flat? A bit down? Stressed with personal issues or problems at work? Take a scenic walking route and spend quality time with your loved ones. It works like magic. Don’t forget to take a few photos to capture the moment. A survey found that we could make ourselves happy by simply looking at our own smiles.
12) Get involved in a volunteer activity – Having the ability to enlighten someone else’s life or giving others a helping hand is a fulfilling act . Happiness could come within ourselves if we can make others happy and what goes around do come around.
13) Have a relaxing oil massage –Unfortunately it may be difficult for lots of people to get away from the usual routines of phone ringing, friends and family dropping by to say hi, kids screaming, cats fighting etc. But I always do find the 60 mins of “me time” is well worth every single dollar spent.
14) Have the courage to be imperfect because nobody is – Perfection is completely and utterly subjective. Therefore it’s no point to even try to be perfect and stress out ourselves in pursuit of being perfect.
Today’s mighty oak is just yesterday’s nut that held its ground. Remember, this too shall pass.