- Unsatisfied in your current role?
- Unhappy with the direction your career is taking?
- Without a clear exit strategy to get out of your rut?
- Applying for numerous positions without an interview in sight?
- Curious about accessing the “hidden” market?
If you are still stuck using the advertised job market to help you find a better position, you are missing out on the best opportunities and keeping yourself trapped in your current path. Relying on only advertised jobs keeps nearly 90% of your career control away from you, i.e. only less than 10% of people who find jobs by applying on job-boards.
With a strategic approach to your career moves, you can regain control of your future. These well-planned approaches make sure
- Your awareness of what you want and can offer is increased.
- You no longer are looking to sell yourself to an employer, but also to buy into a job as an employee.
- You become a person who is sought after rather than another competitor.
- You learn the right connections and meet the right people, making sure an employer’s potential risk at hiring you is lowered.
- Your motivation and confidence will both increase as more and more opportunities show themselves.
- The “hidden” job market will be open to you.
- Even when a job is advertised, you will be seen as a worthier candidate!
If you understand the odds and the consequences of the typical job search approach, and you have been spending vast majority of your time on job-boards but getting very minimal return. I would highly recommend you to explore the possibility of effective networking. You may feel slightly discomfort at the beginning but no pain no gain.